[BioC] forgeSeqFiles

Melo [guest] guest at bioconductor.org
Mon Dec 23 08:47:30 CET 2013

Hello everyone,

I am so new to R as well as Bioconductor but found them very helpful so I'm trying to use.
Now I need to make a BSgenome pckg for my own organism. Therefore I have made a folder named seqs_srcdir which contains 17,000 files (one gene_sequence per file), but when I downloaded, and even unzipped BSgenome I kept getting the  Error: could not find function "forgeSeqFiles".
I know I need to make the seed files so I gave the command line:

forgeSeqlengthsFile(seqnames, prefix="pi1>", suffix=".fa", seqs_srcdir="/Users/Me/Documents/Microarray", seqs_destdir="/Users/Me/Documents/Microarray/Seeds", verbose=TRUE)

Error: could not find function "forgeSeqFiles".

I would appreciate it if you could please advice,
Melo

 -- output of sessionInfo():

--
Sent via the guest posting facility at bioconductor.org.