[BioC] Install older version of Bioconductor

Dan Sullivan [guest] guest at bioconductor.org
Thu Dec 5 17:41:14 CET 2013

Hi,

I apologize if this is a profoundly dumb question (I am a little bit embarrassed that I cannot get this working).  Please forgive me I have to admit that I know a very minimal amount about R and or Bioconductor; I am a systems administrator and not a bioinformatician.  Basically, I am trying to get Bioconductor installed to use CummeRBund, however I am currently stuck with using R2.7. Unfortunately, it is my understanding that the newest version of Bioconductor requires R 3.0.  Presumably I can install an older version of Bioconductor to get this to work.  My question is really this:

How do I install an older version of Bioconductor?  For example, in R 2.7, if I try to install Bioconductor I get the following message:

> source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
Error in get(name, envir = asNamespace(pkg), inherits = FALSE) :
  variable ".BioC_version_associated_with_R_version" was not found

Presumably this is because I am trying to install the new version of Bioconductor with an older version of R?  Would it be possible for somebody to provide some insight as to what is occurring here or how to address this?  Again, I apologize that I am very inexperienced in this technology.  Thank you so much for your help I wish you a wonderful day.

 -- output of sessionInfo():

--
Sent via the guest posting facility at bioconductor.org.