[BioC] need help for the study design of a RNA-Seq project

Wei Shi shi at wehi.EDU.AU
Fri Apr 12 00:21:14 CEST 2013

Hi Shirley,

You should use 100bp PE reads. Longer reads will help reduce the mapping ambiguity, and thus give you more power in detecting new transcripts and SNPs. It will enable to you quantify gene expression levels more accurately as well.

Cheers,
Wei