[BioC] NOISeq installation error

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Mon Oct 8 14:41:15 CEST 2012

On 10/08/2012 05:32 AM, Sean Davis wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 8:14 AM, Fatemehsadat Seyednasrollah
> <fatsey at utu.fi> wrote:
>> Sorry for that, this is my sessionInfo() output:
>>
>>> sessionInfo()
>>
>> R version 2.15.1 (2012-06-22)
>> Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin9.8.0/x86_64 (64-bit)
>>
>> locale:
>> [1] C/UTF-8/C/C/C/C
>>
>> attached base packages:
>>
>> other attached packages:
>> [1] BiocInstaller_1.4.8
>
> It looks like your BiocInstaller package is out-of-date.  In a new R
> session, try:

Actually, BiocInstaller is a sentinel for Bioconductor version; the original
poster is using BiocInstaller 1.4.x, which corresponds to Bioconductor version
1.10. Sean is using BiocInstaller 1.8.x, which corresponds to Bioconductor
version 1.11.

NOISeq is available only in Bioconductor version 1.11, so the original poster
needs to upgrade to Bioconductor version 1.11, for instance

   source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
   biocLite("BiocUpgrade")

Since this is an _upgrade_, the original poster should be prepared for many
packages to be re-installed, and perhaps some complications from that.

Martin