[BioC] Bioconductor Digest, Vol 116, Issue 8

Thomas J Hardcastle tjh48 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Oct 8 12:52:06 CEST 2012

A sample size of 10000 is usually sufficient, unless your data are
particularly unusual. For maximum stability and accuracy of prior
distribution estimation, you can use 24000 (i.e., every data point) -
this will take slightly longer to run but may give very slight improvements.

Best wishes,

Tom

--
Dr. Thomas J. Hardcastle