[BioC] SCAN UPC probability - validation of gene expression results using UPC

Gadi Miron [guest] guest at bioconductor.org
Thu Nov 8 22:27:24 CET 2012

Hello all,

I currently use SCAN to normalize Affimetrix HGU133A2 arrays, and COMBAT for treatment of batch effect in normalized arrays. I would like to implement the new UPC option - I have questions regarding :

1. From which probability is it safe to assume that feature represents true signal ? Should I cut off at 0.5, or can I only use features marked as 1? Furthermore, should all features with a low probability of being true signal be filtered out of downstream analysis, and should this filter be applied before or after using COMBAT for batch effect correction ?

2.  The expression value that is the output of SCAN - these are normalized log2 values?

Thank you in advance!

Gadi Miron
gadi.miron at gmail.com

 -- output of sessionInfo():

normalized1 = UPC(celFilePath, "output_file1.txt")

--
Sent via the guest posting facility at bioconductor.org.