[BioC] MacOS Package installation problems

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Wed May 30 20:57:22 CEST 2012

Hi Michael,

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Michael Salbaum
<Michael.Salbaum at pbrc.edu> wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> I tried setting BioC as well as CRAN mirror as suggested.

It looks like there is a problem with the CRAN mirrors.
I tried installing DESeq on my own Mac and got the same problem as
you. I got it even if I tried the master mirror in Switzerland
(http://stat.ethz.ch/CRAN).

I will report this to the CRAN people and let you know what I hear from them.

In the meantime, you might try
biocLite("DESeq", type="source")
If you have the right development tools installed, that should work.
The "tedious" solution you came up with will also work until this is
resolved.

Dan