[BioC] How to identify DE genes by comparing two groups where one contains a single array data

Lei Li [guest] guest at bioconductor.org
Sun May 27 08:18:04 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have two groups of affymetrix microarray data, one group contains more than 10 normal microarrays, while another group only have 1 cancer microarray. I wonder whether limma could be used to identify differential-expressed genes by comparing these two groups? I am concerned about the accuracy of limma since the variance of the cancer data could not be estimated due to the sample limitation.

Thanks,

Lei

 -- output of sessionInfo():

NA