[BioC] easyRNAseq question

Akula, Nirmala (NIH/NIMH) [C] akulan at mail.nih.gov
Fri May 25 23:07:21 CEST 2012

Dear Nico,

Thank you very much for your response. I did read the sections that you mentioned but would like to know more details about the BestExon method. Here is what I currently have:

1. Map reads with TopHat
2. Create a bed file from the bam (each read is represented by only one base which is its starting position to make sure that the read does not fall on two different exons)
3. Use coverageBed to get the counts reads on each exon
4. For gene-level differential expression: Take only one exon/gene that has the maximum number of reads
5. Analyze the reads in DESeq

I would like to compare the above method to the BestExon method in easyRNAseq.

Best,
Nirmala