[BioC] easyRNASeq Error in counting from C.elegans

Nicolas Delhomme delhomme at embl.de
Fri May 25 08:55:21 CEST 2012

Dear Yonggan,

Can you please rerun the command with validity.check=TRUE? That would tell us if there are inconsistencies between the chromosome names retrieved from biomaRt and the ones present in your bam file, which is what I suspect. Can you as well indicate you R and easyRNASeq version, i.e. pasting the output of the sessionInfo() command, once you have loaded easyRNASeq?

There has been similar question on the mailing list previously, please see the posts:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.science.biology.informatics.conductor/38983
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.science.biology.informatics.conductor/39629/focus=39684
as they might be of some help to you.

In the development version, (http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.11/bioc/html/easyRNASeq.html, version 1.3.3), the vignette has been updated to contain these use cases. The vignette has been clarified and important points to process RNA-Seq data now stand out.

HTH,

Nico

Nicolas Delhomme

Genome Biology Computational Support