[BioC] GOSim yeast

Fred Hoffman [guest] guest at bioconductor.org
Tue May 22 14:31:43 CEST 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to use GOSim with yeast but with no luck. The function
"setEvidenceLevel(organism="yeast")" doesn't seem to work.

Using the org.Sc.sgd.db library, I obtain a long list of GO terms for "856452"

Yet, getGOInfo("856452") yields,

  No GO information available for these genes!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yours,

Fred Hoffman

 -- output of sessionInfo():

ID = "YHR055C"

> # get Entrez Gene ID
> get(ID, org.Sc.sgdENTREZID)
[1] "856452"

> # get GO terms
> get(ID, org.Sc.sgdGO)

$`GO:0010273`
$`GO:0010273`$GOID
[1] "GO:0010273"

$`GO:0010273`$Evidence
[1] "IMP"

$`GO:0010273`$Ontology
[1] "BP"

.
.
.
>setEvidenceLevel(organism="yeast")
> getGOInfo("856452")
Error in getGOInfo("856452") :
  No GO information available for these genes!
> setEvidenceLevel(organism="org.Sc.sgd.db")
[1] "-> retrieving GO information for all available genes for organism 'org.Sc.sgd.db' in GO database"
[1] "-> filtering GO terms according to evidence levels 'all'"
> getGOInfo("856452")
Error in getGOInfo("856452") :
  No GO information available for these genes!

--
Sent via the guest posting facility at bioconductor.org.