[BioC] non-integer counts for edgeR

Mete Civelek mcivelek at mednet.ucla.edu
Mon May 21 21:24:43 CEST 2012

Dear All,

I am analyzing microRNAseq data with edgeR. Because some of the reads map to
multiple locations, I weighed the counts based on the number of genomic
locations that a read maps. For example, if a read maps to 3 locations, each
location gets a count of 1/3. Of course, this means that the read counts for
some miRNAs in some samples are not integers. Is it possible to use these
counts to do differential expression analysis with a quantitative trait in
edgeR? My understanding is "no" but I thought someone can suggest a
solution.

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,

Mete

IMPORTANT WARNING:  This email (and any attachments) is ...{{dropped:9}}