[BioC] technical and biological replicates in the same Exprset - Agi4x44

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Thu May 10 04:03:15 CEST 2012

Dear Paola,

I'm not sure why you say there's a problem.  duplicateCorrelation() has no
difficulty with technical and biological replicates in the same
experiment.

You might analysis your experiment by:

   targets$Treat <- factor(targets$Treat)
   design <- model.matrix(~Treat,data=targets)
   dupcor <- duplicateCorrelation(y,design,block=targets$Repl)
   fit <- lmFit(design,block=targets$Repl,correlation=dupcor$consensus)
   fit <- eBayes(fit)
   topTable(fit,coef=2)

Best wishes
Gordon