[BioC] Open PhD Position - Bioinformatics in collaboration with SAP

Amin Moghaddasi a.moghaddasi at gmail.com
Wed May 9 23:04:20 CEST 2012

The Technische Universität München (TUM) is one of the leading
universities in Germany with 31,000 students and 450 Professors across
12 academic departments. Our continuous top performance in research,
education and promotion of top talent make the TUM a privileged
partner of multiple businesses and scientific institutions across the
world.

SAP AG is the market leader in enterprise application software to
manage business operations and customer relations. The company's best
known products are its enterprise resource planning application (SAP
ERP), its enterprise data warehouse solution - SAP Business Warehouse,
SAP Business Objects software, and most recently, Sybase mobile
products and in-memory computing appliance SAP HANA. SAP AG with more
than 54,500 employees is represented in 76 countries around the world.

TUM and SAP are together in seeking to fill a full time position of a
PhD Student - Bioinformatics and computational proteomics.

THE POSITION:
The successful candidate will become a member of a growing
interdisciplinary research team at the TUM focused on the development
of proteome-wide activity and affinity profiling approaches and their
application to chemical biology, biomarker discovery and signaling
pathway analysis. We are seeking a highly motivated PhD student to
work on the integration and meta-analysis of large-scale proteomics
data with a particular focus on the development of algorithms,
databases and associated methods and tools.

The successful candidate will work primarily at the Chair of
Proteomics and Bioanalytics in Freising near Munich but will also
interact very closely with scientists at SAP.

REQUIREMENTS:
A Master degree (or equivalent) in relevant fields (bioinformatics or
combined degrees in computer science and a biological science,
statistics, mathematics). Computer programming skills (perl/python,
Java, R) and the ability to manage IT systems are essential. Strong
communication and presentation skills in English are also important.

We are looking for a self motivated and broadly interested individual
with significant future potential. Flexibility and the ability to work
in a multidisciplinary environment and on parallel projects are
essential. We offer an open and stimulating scientific environment, a
range of exciting projects and state of the art research facilities.

Applicants should send a CV summarizing qualifications and experience,
including the names of two referees to: amin at tum.de

The position will remain open until it is filled.

--
Amin Moghaddas Gholami, Ph.D.
Technische Universitaet Muenchen

Tel: + 49 (0) 8161-71-2065