[BioC] Problem with "ragene10stprobeset.db" package

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at uw.edu
Thu May 3 16:20:00 CEST 2012

Hi Laura,

On 5/3/2012 7:03 AM, Laura Bermúdez wrote:
> Dear Bioconductor Team:
>

> I am using the Bioconductor annotation package "ragene10stprobeset.db" for
> an analysis of differential expression, but when I want to annotate my
> Arrays selection ("10700001" "10700005" "10700013" "10700063" ... etc..), it
> shows me “value for "10700063" not found”. Why can this happen?

You don't give us much to go on. In future, please give us some code and
the results from running sessionInfo() at an R prompt.

If I break out my crystal ball, I can divine that you have done
something like

library(oligo)
abatch <- read.celfiles(celfiles)
eset <- rma(abatch)

or

library(affy)
abatch <- ReadAffy()
eset <- rma(abatch)

In either case, what you have done is summarize data at the _transcript_
level. Note here that using oligo, you can also summarize at the
probeset level, which is pretty close to summarizing by exon.

Since my crystal ball tells me you summarized at the transcript level,
you will also need to annotate at the transcript level. In which case
you need the ragene10sttranscriptcluster.db package.

Best,

Jim