[BioC] Updating Package Versions from SVN

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Tue Mar 27 01:24:30 CEST 2012

Hi Chris,

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 4:04 PM, chris_utah <chris.gregg at neuro.utah.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am attempting to update DESeq with the latest version in found in Subversion.  I have downloaded the latest version of DESeq to my hard drive using:
>
> svn co https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioconductor/trunk/madman/Rpacks/DESeq
> What steps do I take to incorporate the features of the new version into my existing DESeq package?

Instead of this, it's probably a better idea to open R and type:
source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
biocLite("DESeq")

This will give you the latest version of DESeq for the version of R
you are running. If you are running a pre-release version of R 2.15,
you will get the version of DESeq that is equivalent (within a day) to
the one in svn trunk.

Dan