[BioC] rsbml: problem writing a model to file

hettling j.hettling at vu.nl
Wed Mar 21 19:11:05 CET 2012

Dear Michael,

Thanks a lot for your help! I got it to work with the development
version of the package and libsbml 5.

The package does not compile anymore with libsbml 4; I guess the package
uses the development version of SOSlib, which says it only works with
libsbml 3.0.2 or the latest devel version, so it might be good to change
the package requirements.
I also had to downgrade sundials from 2.4.0 to 2.3.0 because of SOSlib.

Another thing is that the package gave an error creating an SBML
document because it could not find the function "rsbml_perform_check",
so I changed line 5 in SBML.R and set the variable "valid" to TRUE,
which is a bit of a hack, but it works for now. Is this a check for the
validity of the SBML document and is this check done with SOSlib?

Many thanks,

Hannes