[BioC] unable to readImage using EBImage package

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Wed Mar 14 02:19:55 CET 2012

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 5:41 PM, Nurdiyanah Jambari <yanadj28 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have run this command:
>
>>library("EBImage")
>
>>f = system.file("images", "lena.gif", package="EBImage")
>>lena = readImage(f)
>>display(lena)
>
> the error received:
>

>> ** (<unknown>:1204): WARNING **: No builtin or dynamically loaded modules
>>
>> were found. Pango will not work correctly. This probably means
>> there was an error in the creation of:
>>   'C:\Windows\system32\etc\
> pango\pango.modules'
>> You may be able to recreate this file by running pango-querymodules.
>>
>> (<unknown>:1204): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: file gobject.c: line 1561
>> (g_object_
>>
>> ref): assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
>>
>> ** (<unknown>:1204): CRITICAL **: file pango-engine.c: line 68
>> (_pango_engine_sh
>>
>> ape_shape): assertion `PANGO_IS_FONT (font)' failed
>
> I have tried this command you gave me:
>
>>readImage("d:/FYP/image/user186g1.tif")
>
> the result, my R is stop working and need to be stop and close.

I think we are going around in circles.
Did you verify that the correct version of GTK+ (i.e., not the newest
version) is installed ad added to the PATH, and that the newest
version has been uninstalled and removed from the PATH, as I suggested
earlier?

How did you install the file
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/gtk+/2.16/gtk+-bundle_2.16.6-20100912_win32.zip

?