[BioC] plotCtArray example request

Heidi Dvinge heidi at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jun 27 23:36:01 CEST 2012

Hi Hans/Charles,

> Hello Heidi Dvinge.
>
> I am looking to use your package for Fluidigm M96.96 and the new M192.24
> microarrays.  I'm relatively new to R but have been able to learn on the
> job by using the examples listed in package descriptions.  I'm looking
> at a few examples in HTqPCR and it appears that some functions/commands
> have been cut by the edge of the page so I can't read all of the
> arguments.  Specifically, since I am using the Biomark system I am
> looking to see plotCtArray.  Could you please send me the full
> argumentation you used for the example please?

There are some examples available in the help file for each function
individually. These can be accessed with ?plotCtArray or run directly with
examples(plotCtArray)

All the R-code in the vignette can be obtained by typing the commands
mentioned on page 1:

all.R.commands <- system.file("doc", "HTqPCR.Rnw", package = "HTqPCR")
Stangle(all.R.commands)

This will create the file HTqPCR.R in your current working directory.
Incidentally, that is the same file as you can also just download from the
HTqPCR page on the bioconductor site, from the "R Script" link under the
header "Documentation". This is the case for all Bioconductor packages, in
case you ever get tired of copy-pasting from the pdf vignette.

> Also, how can I learn more about the dimensions of how this information
> is held in tables?  Thanks!

What do you mean with 'tables' here? The tables (file) where your input
data is kept, or the objects in R, such as qPCRsets? For the qPCRset
objects all the standard R-functions have been made to work, e.g. dim(),
nrow() and ncol(). If you can be a bit more specific about what you want
to know, I can try to give you some pointers.

HTH
\Heidi