[BioC] interactions between variables in DEXSeq

Alejandro Reyes alejandro.reyes at embl.de
Tue Jun 26 13:17:33 CEST 2012

Dear Elena,

Thank you for your email. If I understood correctly, to test for an
interaction between condition and type with the exons, it would be like
this (example in the pasilla dataset):

data("pasillaExons", package="pasilla")
pasillaExons<- estimateSizeFactors( pasillaExons )
pasillaExons<- estimateDispersions( pasillaExons, count ~ sample +
(condition * type) * exon )
formula0<- count ~ sample + exon + condition + type + condition:type
formula1<- count ~ sample + exon + condition + type + (condition:type)
* I(exon == exonID)
pasillaExons<- testForDEU( pasillaExons, formula0=formula0,
formula1=formula1 )

Best wishes,
Alejandro Reyes