[BioC] Calculate the relation between mRNA and miRNA

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Sun Jun 24 01:55:43 CEST 2012

Dear Jack,

lmFit() allows NA values in the expression values but not in the design
matrix.  If you must put NA values in a column of the design, then
you need to remove them like this:

   anyna <- apply(is.na(miRNA),1,any)
   fit <- lmFit(mRNA[,!anyna], miRNA[!anyna,])

This code identifies rows of the design matrix containing NAs, then
removes those samples from the data.

lmFit does not do this automatically, because I feel that this is
something that a user should make a decision about deliberately.

Best wishes
Gordon