[BioC] Question regarding cellhts2 output

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Sun Jun 17 23:58:23 CEST 2012

Dear Meraj

I am not aware of an easy way to get at an FDR from data as yours, but
FPR you can get as follows: pool the data from the negative controls
with the rest of your data, as if the negative controls were tested
genes. Then estimate FPR from how many of them are found as 'hits'.

For this to be valid, you need to make sure that the variation in the
negative controls represents the variation otherwise, e.g. at the very
least you want to convince yourself that edge-effects or gradients are
negligible.

	Best wishes
	Wolfgang

Jun/17/12 8:48 AM, maziz at tgen.org scripsit::