[BioC] Microarray experiment design issues

David Westergaard david at harsk.dk
Fri Jun 15 12:27:44 CEST 2012

Hi Ali,

I don't think this list is appropriate to answer these questions,
since it doesn't generally involve any bioconductor packages.

However, I don't really see why you would have a problem in A. Are
both cell lines not exposed to the same variation in humidty levels,
temperature, oxygen levels, etc, so that you would expect the same
variation due to these factors in both treated and untreated, and thus
the total variation due to these factors would be approximately zero?
Also, could the technically noise not potentially cause too great a
distance between arrays to pick up any variation, in setup B?
I don't really have any experience with experimental setup, so the
above comments are just my logical conclusions from working with
microarray data.

Best,
David