[BioC] AgiMicroRna and Replicates

Thu Jun 14 16:02:03 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 5:51 AM, Karthik K N <karthikuttan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Members,
>
> Do we need replicates to carry out analysis with AgiMicroRna package in
> bioconductor? I have one control and one treated samples. Can I go ahead
> ewith AgiMicroRna with these two datasets?

It depends on what you mean by "need".

I suspect that it is *technically* possible to carry out an analysis
without replicates so that at the end of day you get *some* results.
In that sense, you might not "need" replicates.

If by "need" you mean that you want results that you can have some
faith in, then yes: you need replicates ... always.

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou