[BioC] AgiMicroRna and Replicates

Richard Friedman friedman at cancercenter.columbia.edu
Thu Jun 14 15:38:08 CEST 2012

Dear Karthik,

	I am pretty sure that AgiMicroRna will normalize one treated and
one control. The problem comes later in terms of the reproducibility
of the effect, or to phrase it differently, whether the observed effect
is a general statement  about the population of treatments and controls.
In more specific terms, the subsequent LIMMA analysis will not
compute a p-value.

With hopes that this helps,
Rich
Richard A. Friedman, PhD
Associate Research Scientist,
Biomedical Informatics Shared Resource
Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center (HICCC)
Lecturer,
Department of Biomedical Informatics (DBMI)
Educational Coordinator,
Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics (C2B2)/
National Center for Multiscale Analysis of Genomic Networks (MAGNet)
Room 824
Irving Cancer Research Center
Columbia University
1130 St. Nicholas Ave
New York, NY 10032
(212)851-4765 (voice)
friedman at cancercenter.columbia.edu
http://cancercenter.columbia.edu/~friedman/

"School is an evil plot to suppress my individuality"

Rose Friedman, age15