[BioC] base-specific read counts

Yu Chuan Tai yuchuan at stat.berkeley.edu
Sat Jun 9 04:15:22 CEST 2012

Hi Sean,

I didn't find any function in  the VariantAnnotation package that can
calculate mutant freq. Do you mean after reading in a VCF file using
readVcf(), I need to calculate the base-level coverage first (for example,
using the way Martin had suggested), and convert coverage to frequency
myself? Then why do I need to use VariantAnnotation package for this
purpose, given the fact that I already have a text file with all the
SNVs/INDELs with their genomic coordinates?

Best,
Yu Chuan