[BioC] Bioconductor package cellHTS2

Joseph Barry joseph.barry at embl.de
Tue Jun 5 13:01:09 CEST 2012

Dear Juliane,

I have cc'd this email to the bioconductor mailing list as it may be of general interest.

Thanks for isolating this issue in a neat example. It really makes things easier to debug! As a result I have recreated the error locally and been able to resolve it. In a nutshell, the error occurs due to an ordering problem of the measurementNames argument to buildCellHTS2().

   order(c('Channel 1', 'Channel 2', 'Channel 10'))

makes it clear why. channelNames() enforces precisely this ordering of measurementNames later in the buildCellHTS2() function, which results in the error that you report.

I have introduced an extra ordering step into the buildHTS2() function in cellHTS2-devel to resolve the issue. If you checkout and install the latest for cellHTS2-devel (see http://wiki.fhcrc.org/bioc/SvnHowTo for details), this should resolve your problem.

Best wishes,
Joseph Barry