[BioC] Gene list annotation

Fleur [guest] guest at bioconductor.org
Mon Jun 4 15:09:49 CEST 2012

Hi,
I'm trying to measure the significance of my gene annotation list.
Gene list of interest is composed of 185 genes ( among 6000 genes).In a first step, i performed a GO term analysis but i would like to know if i could have the same result by chance.
My idea was to randomly select 185 genes from the 6000 genes ( 100 times for example) and annotate those list and see if i could have the same terms by chance ... But how calculate a pvalue for each term at each repetition of the permutation ? Any idea ?
Someone know a package which do this king of thing ?
Thanks in advance for your help

 -- output of sessionInfo():

R version 2.13.0 (2011-04-13)
Platform: i386-pc-mingw32/i386 (32-bit)

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=French_France.1252  LC_CTYPE=French_France.1252
[3] LC_MONETARY=French_France.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=French_France.1252

attached base packages:

Sent via the guest posting facility at bioconductor.org.