[BioC] Is it possible to read in Bluefuse and Agilent files together using read.maimages() function in limma?

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Sat Jun 2 02:41:10 CEST 2012

Dear Parisa,

I've never tried to normalize together intensity data from different image
analysis programs.  Even if the microarray platforms were the same in both
cases, I would view that as a risky procedure.  If you were to attempt it,
you would need to attend very carefully to batch correction between the
platforms as part of the downstream analysis.

If you are processing Agilent data, please follow the case study in the
limma User's Guide that deals with single-channel Agilent data.  It is
Section 11.8 titled "Agilent Single-Channel Data: Gene expression in
thymus from female Wistar rats".

Best wishes
Gordon