[BioC] writing BAM files from within R

Valerie Obenchain vobencha at fhcrc.org
Mon Jan 23 01:17:54 CET 2012

Hi Margherita,

See ?filterBam. This function parses records in a BAM file according to
the filters specified in the 'param' argument and writes them out to a
new BAM file. If you can accomplish your filtering with the 'param'
argument (?ScanBamParam) this should work for you. If merging is
necessary after filtering you can use mergeBam().

As far as I know, there is no general function for writing data to a BAM
file from an R object (i.e., once the data have been read into R).

Valerie