[BioC] number of genes for DESeq analysis

Abhishek Pratap apratap at lbl.gov
Thu Feb 16 17:36:51 CET 2012

Hi Vladimir

One way to do this without cutting down on your gene set is to do the
dispersion estimation  and binomial test for all the genes you  have
in your annotation model and then take a subset of the genes you are
interested from the resulting data frame spitted out after the
binomial test.

I am not sure what kind of impact will it have on the statistical
model if you reduce the number of genes. I guess the estimates are
taken for each gene but since your gene sample size will be very small
may be the model will have issues on estimation a dispersion
parameter. I am not sure. Simon or Wolfgang can best answer that.

HTH,
-Abhi