[BioC] limma barcodeplot with 2 groups

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Fri Feb 10 22:34:02 CET 2012

Dear Dario,

The "labels" of the barcodeplot give the names of the two groups you are
comparing (cancer vs normal for example).  If you are comparing cancer vs
normal so such positive t-statistics indicate up in cancer, then you would
put the cancer label on the left and the normal label on the right.  The
labels are the same for both gene sets, because the same groups are being
compared in each case.  Hence the labels are at the ends of the plot.

I think that you have assumed that the labels are intended to be for the
gene sets, which they are not.

Best wishes
Gordon