[BioC] suggestions/comments on DESeq transcript wise analysis

Abhishek Pratap apratap at lbl.gov
Thu Feb 9 19:01:08 CET 2012

Unless you are counting reads on the unique disjoin set of exons from
the transcripts , double counting will be inevitable as most of the
transcripts for a gene will have overlapping  exons.

You can also see Simon's post today on a different thread about the
same issue. He explains in more detail why one would want to stay with
gene level or exon level differential expression and relate it back to
gene/isoforms.

-Abhi