[BioC] DESeq on transcripts v/s genes

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Sun Feb 5 15:59:31 CET 2012

A clarification (after off-list request): there are two possibilties for
double counting, and with below post I'm refering to only one of them:

1. Creating a transcript-level count for each possible transcript of a
gene, essentially by *treating each transcript as a separate 'gene'*,
and then calling DESeq or analgous. This is what the below post refers to.

2. Counting the reads touching each exon, and then *summing these
numbers up over all exons of a gene* to get a per-gene (or per
transcript) value. That would be wrong, since then those reads that
touch more than one exon are multiply counted and mess up the
statistical model.

	Best wishes
	Wolfgang

Feb/5/12 12:16 PM, Wolfgang Huber scripsit::