[BioC] Where to get BAM files for easyRNASeq human use case ALSO ANNOTATION

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Thu Aug 16 19:34:52 CEST 2012

On 08/16/2012 10:29 AM, Richard Friedman wrote:
> Steve,
>
> 	Thanks. I use annaffy for microarrays and was hoping for an
> already-worked-out protocol. I will however look into the package
> you recommend if no more explicit protocol is available.

Not so much an already worked out protocol but an elaboration of Steve's bet

An AnnotateSeq package would be a useful addition; the info in annaffy
is in the org packages, discoverable with 'cols', 'keytypes' (often
synonymous with 'cols'), and accessible via 'select'. The plans for the
next release are OrganismDb objects that make the merge that one would
do across, say, org*, TxDb*, and GO.db packages transparent.

 > library(org.Dm.eg.db)
 > cols(org.Dm.eg.db)
  [1] "ENTREZID"     "ACCNUM"       "ALIAS"        "CHR"
"CHRLOC"
  [6] "CHRLOCEND"    "ENZYME"       "MAP"          "PATH"         "PMID"

[11] "REFSEQ"       "SYMBOL"       "UNIGENE"      "ENSEMBL"
"ENSEMBLPROT"
[16] "ENSEMBLTRANS" "GENENAME"     "UNIPROT"      "GO"
"EVIDENCE"
[21] "ONTOLOGY"     "FLYBASE"      "FLYBASECG"    "FLYBASEPROT"
 > select(org.Dm.eg.db, "FBtr0005009", c("GENENAME", "SYMBOL"),
"ENSEMBLTRANS")
   ENSEMBLTRANS          GENENAME SYMBOL
1  FBtr0005009 Muscle protein 20   Mp20

Martin