[BioC] A doubt with contrasts in limma

Cittaro Davide cittaro.davide at hsr.it
Sat Aug 11 13:51:31 CEST 2012

Hi all,
If I have a 2x2 design (gen[AB], treat[CD]), I've created a design matrix so that I have 4 classes: A.C, A.D, B.C and B.D. Now I'm interested in finding the global differences between genA and genB, the global differences between treatC and treatD and their interaction, is it correct to specify contrasts like:

(A.C + A.D) - (B.C + B.D) for genotypes
(A.C + B.C) - (A.D + B.D) for treatments
(A.C - A.D) - (B.C - B-D) for interactions (as in the manual)

?

LA TUA CURA E' SCRITTA NEL TUO DNA. AL SAN RAFFAELE LA STIAMO REALIZZANDO.
AIUTA LA RICERCA, DAI IL TUO 5XMILLE - CF: 03 06 80 153
info:www.5xmille at hsr.it - www.5xmille.org

Disclaimer added by CodeTwo Exchange Rules 2007
http://www.codetwo.com