[BioC] package xps

cstrato cstrato at aon.at
Fri Aug 3 20:32:21 CEST 2012

Dear Steven,

Could you please say once again how you did compile root, see:
http://root.cern.ch/drupal/content/installing-root-source

The location independent installation suggest as 3. step:
. bin/thisroot.sh

I do not know if this will have any effect, but it may be worth to try.

Furthermore, like Dan I do not understand why you need to use sudo. I
have the feeling that this could be the problem.

Maybe you could try to create a directory for packages in your home
directory as described in:
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html#Installing-packages
and then do:
    R CMD INSTALL -l /path/to/library xps_1.16.0.tar.gz

Maybe this could solve the problem (at least the problem with sudo)?

P.S.: Thank you, Dan for your help, maybe you have some additional
suggestions, too.

Best regards,
Christian