[BioC] GOseq for enrichment of clustering results

Alicia Oshlack alicia.oshlack at mcri.edu.au
Wed Apr 18 12:26:10 CEST 2012

Hi Julie,

In theory you can get your list of "DE" genes any way you like before using
Goseq. The issue however for GOseq is that usually when you perform a
statistical test for DE it is biased towards long and highly expressed
genes. I'm not exactly sure how these features will effect clustering but if
you see a trend when calculating nullp() then it's probably worth using
Goseq to correct your GO testing for biases.

Cheers,
Alicia