[BioC] changing directory in RStudio and Bioconductor AMI and Amazon EC2

Andrew Yee yee at post.harvard.edu
Tue Apr 10 20:56:49 CEST 2012

I'm not sure if this is the best place to address this question, but
not sure where else to turn:

I've been exploring RStudio using the Bioconductor ami, ami-b5a079dc,
and running a micro instance (this has Bioconductor 2.10 and R 2.15 in
the instance).

I've been able to run RStudio.  However, I can't change into a
different directory, e.g. setwd('/root'), that is accessible when you
login via ssh.  Motivation is that I would like to be able to save
data in a different directory or on a different mounted EBS volume.
Is this a situation where I need to change some of the permissions?
If so, which one?

Thanks (and apologies if there is an obvious answer to this, since I'm
a newbie with Linux).

Thanks,
Andrew