[BioC] DESeq countDataSets and arrayQualityMetrics (was: Re: DESeq estimateDispersion options for lower depth miRNA-seq)

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Sun Apr 1 23:13:06 CEST 2012

Dear Praful,

DESeq >=1.9.1 in the devel branch contains a new function
varianceStabilizingTransformation that returns the variance-stabilised
data in an ExpressionSet, which you can then directly feed to
arrayQualityMetrics, e.g. like this:

library("pasilla")
library("vsn")
library("arrayQualityMetrics")

data("pasillaGenes")

cdsBlind = estimateDispersions(estimateSizeFactors(pasillaGenes),
method="blind")
pasillaVst = varianceStabilizingTransformation(cdsBlind)

meanSdPlot(pasillaVst)

arrayQualityMetrics(pasillaVst, intgroup=c("condition", "type"), force=TRUE)

Let me know if this works for you. As usual, the code will need a day or
two to percolate from the svn archive to the website.

Kind regards
	Wolfgang

Mar/29/12 9:53 PM, Wolfgang Huber scripsit::