[BioC] memory problem to read CEL files

Wed Mar 30 16:58:23 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 10:35 AM, Xiaobin Yuan
<xiaobin.yuan at louisville.edu> wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> My colleague can not read some cel files. There 24 CEL files.  Each
> file has the size of 13M.   The following is the error message:
>
> data<-ReadAffy()
> Error: cannot allocate vector of size 248.1 Mb
>
> If only put 12 files in the directory, R can read it without error.
> Does anyone has this problem before?
>
> Those files can be read in my computer. And the size of  RAM  is the
> same for our computers.

Somehow your colleague has access to less of the RAM than you do ...
is he running other programs? Is he running R in 32 bit mode?

Another thing to consider is looking at the aroma-project if you have
more microarrays than your cpu does RAM:
http://www.aroma-project.org/

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou