[BioC] avereps function in limma (dealing with negative values in illumina)

Wei Shi shi at wehi.EDU.AU
Wed Mar 30 00:11:13 CEST 2011

Hi Mete:

	Gordon just pointed to me that there is a function in limma which can summarize probe level intensities to the gene level. This function is called avereps. This function replaces the intensities of replicate probes (probes corresponding to the same gene in this case) with their average. It works seamlessly with neqc output because it supports EList objects.

	Sorry about this.

Cheers,
Wei