[BioC] dealing with negative values in illumina

Wei Shi shi at wehi.EDU.AU
Wed Mar 23 23:21:56 CET 2011

Dear Prasad:

	I am not quite sure what your question is. But if you want to normalize the raw data by yourself and you want use the control probes for the normalization, then you might try limma neqc function which can infer the intensities of negative control probes using regular probe intensities and their detection p values. The neqc function will then perform a normexp background correction aided by negative controls followed by quantile normalization and log2 transformation.

	Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Wei