[BioC] GLMs in DESeq

Seanna McTaggart smctagga at staffmail.ed.ac.uk
Tue Mar 8 17:13:36 CET 2011

I am using DESeq to determine DE of an RNA-Seq project that has multiple
exposed to different treatments. I would like to use the GLM
functionality to partition
the variance in the count data between genotype and treatment. However,
when I follow
the suggestions of Simon (Bioconductor Digest, Vol 96, Issue 9), neither
(fit0 or fit1) is reaching convergence, and I was wondering if it was
possible for me to
increase the number of iterations to see if this would help out.
Otherwise I would appreciate
any advice on how to proceed.

Many thanks for your time,

Seanna McTaggart
Centre for Immunity, Infection and Evolution
School of Biological Sciences
Ashworth Laboratories
University of Edinburgh
Edinburgh EH9 3JT
Scotland, UK

Tel +44 131 650 8682
Fax +44 131 650 6564
E-mail: smctagga at staffmail.ed.ac.uk

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.