[BioC] FlowViz xyplot event limit

Roger Leigh rleigh at codelibre.net
Tue Mar 1 16:34:13 CET 2011

Hi,

I'm using xyplot with smooth=FALSE, outline=TRUE to get a plain
dotplot.  Unfortunately, some of my data has a great deal of
events (~5×10⁴), and even after gating the number of dots is too
great.  Details are lost, and the size of the PDF output is huge.

What I'd like to do is restrict the plot to a certain number of
events e.g. 1×10⁴.  This doesn't appear to be directly possible
with xyplot.  Can a flowFrame be trimmed down to a certain number
of events, such as the first 1×10⁴?  Due to gating, I can't gate on
the event count because this won't give me /n/ events because the
numbers aren't continuous.

Many thanks,
Roger Leigh