[BioC] wishlist for readGappedAlignments

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Tue Aug 23 22:47:07 CEST 2011

Hi Tengfei --

We've acted on some of your suggestions (e.g., incorporating any field
in GappedAlignments, making readBamGappedAlignments accept a
ScanBamParam() when Rsamtools 1.5.53 becomes avaiable), thanks!

We're really interested in hearing from you and others about specific
use cases for paired-end representations, particularly those operations
that are difficult to do with the current GappedAlignments (e.g., the
distribution of insertion sizes could now be easily extracted as
ScanBamParam(what="isize", flag=scanBamFlag(isProperPair=TRUE,
isPrimaryRead=TRUE))).

So please forward any specific use cases!

Martin

--
Computational Biology
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center