[BioC] RIP/CLIP-seq

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Sun Aug 21 04:14:23 CEST 2011

On 08/18/2011 06:02 AM, mali salmon wrote:
> Hi All
> Does anyone know of a package to help with the analysis of RIP-seq and/or
> CLIP-seq data?

Hi Mali -- No direct experience on my part and I don't think there's a
CLIP-seq package per se, but it sounds like the basic tools of ChIP-seq
-- ShortReadQ or perhaps DNAStringSet from Biostrings and the IRanges
infrastructure for pre-processing, alignment using a third-party tool
(or perhaps Biostrings::matchPDict), GappedAlignments for representing
aligned reads, coverage and slice for identifying enriched regions,
maybe GRanges, GenomicFeatures, ChIPpeakAnno for annotation -- would be
useful here. There are some approaches to peak calling in the chipseq
package, including its vignette. I'm not sure about general-purpose MEME
finding within Bioconductor, though there are position weight matricies
in Biostrings. Hope that's helpful without being to vague or misleading.

Martin