[BioC] limma::read.maimages on different chips

Yong Li yong.li at zbsa.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Aug 19 23:42:43 CEST 2011

Dear Brent,

as no one has answered your e-mail so I will have a try.

As to your first question of how to read in and normalize data from
different chips together, these recent posts might be of help:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2011-August/040726.html
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2011-August/040576.html

As to your second question, by checking the source of read.maimages
(just type read.maimages in R), there should be no difference of your
two commands except in the second case the source in the RGlist is set
to generic.

The Bioc package Agi4x44PreProcess works with single channel Agilent
data. But I am not sure if it will work with 384x164 or 532x85 chips.

Best regards,
Yong