[BioC] chippeakanno:::addGeneID for adding gene symbol etc. to annotatedPeak or enrichedGO

Zhu, Lihua (Julie) Julie.Zhu at umassmed.edu
Fri Aug 5 04:54:59 CEST 2011

Deepak,

Jianhong has added a function addGeneIDs for adding gene symbol,
entrezID...to annotatedPeak or enrichedGO (>=1.9.8). Please let us know how
it works out for you. Many thanks for your invaluable feedback!

For those of you who attended the ChIPpeakAnno workshop in Bioc2011 meeting
last Friday, here is the update per your request (>=1.9.8).

1. Updated documentation for the new function peaksNearBDP (peaks near
bi-directional promoter)
2. Updated documentation for annotatePeakInBatch (defaults are specified)
3. makeVennDiagram function now has a new field called useFeature
(TRUE/FALSE). TRUE means that the overlapping will be calculated using the
feature field in annotatedPeak for deriving overlapping statistics and
drawing diagram. FALSE means that the overlapping will be calculated using
the chromosome ranges as in the previous versions. The default is FALSE for
backward compatibility.

Thanks so much for all your invaluable input and positive feedback!

Best regards,

Julie