[BioC] alignment & SNP calling

Daniel.Berner at unibas.ch Daniel.Berner at unibas.ch
Tue Nov 16 09:11:18 CET 2010

Dear list
1) I have illumina short reads from which I want to call SNPs WITHOUT
using a reference genome. That is, I want to align the reads among
themselves, and then screen each alignment for polymorph positions
(SNPs) by taking into account base call quality. Is there a program
that would allow building such alignments without reference genome,
and that produces output that can be input to R/bioconductor?
  2) Generally, are there R/Bioc implementations for SNP-detection
using base-call quality?
Daniel Berner